The Singapore Sanitary Ware Importers and Exporters Association (SSWIEA) is a non-profit organisation established in 1968. The main aim of the Association is to meet the challenges of the industry during an era when the Singapore Government pushed for urban redevelopment and vast planning of building housing flats. The Association hence promotes the interest of the sanitary ware traders in Singapore.
SSWIEA at present represents a wide cross-section of Singapore businesses in trading, manufacturing, wholesale, retail, agency and distribution of materials, products and accessories among others that are related to the water, oil, gas, building, environmental, sanitary and plumbing industries. Many leading companies in these industries are among its members.
To be the regional hub and network for the industry by continuously strengthening the knowledge and improving products and services offered.
- To promote the common interest of the industry as a whole.
- To inform the industry by serving as a resource on trends, technology, policies and related issues.
- To represent the interests of its members to the Government and Statutory Boards.
- To leverage industry strength by establishing domestic and global alliance and cooperations.
- To develop, maintain and promote global standards to achieve the requirements of product applications.
- To promote community and environmental responsibility.
- Respect and respond to the needs of members and stakeholders; and strive to continually improve the quality of service for better performance, higher efficiency and enhanced competitiveness.
- Acknowledge and award the contributions of members and employees.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
SSWIEA Membership Application
The objectives of Singapore Sanitary Ware Importers and Exporters Association (SSWIEA) are to cement the friendship of the employers and the employees of firms dealing with sanitary ware and to promote the welfare of its members.
- Basic Membership of the Association is only open to any employer or employee of firms dealing with sanitary ware that reside in Singapore and shall have right to elect or to be elected, and enjoy all rights in welfare activities provided by the Association.
- Any factory, firm or corporation, whose businesses are closely related to that of SSWIEA members, can become associate members upon payment of $2,000 towards the Association’s funds. Associate members shall enjoy all privileges in welfare activities, but shall have no right to elect and to be elected.
- Each successive Management Committee and its President shall have the powers to propose and appoint any individual or corporate member of the Association, or any member of the Public, who have contributed to the welfare of the members of the Association, as Patrons of the Association. There shall be no more than 10 patrons at any point in time who shall serve as patrons for a period of 2 years. But upon the expiry of the 2 years’ term, any patron can be re-appointed for an indefinite number of terms. Each patron shall contribute a minimum sum of $1,000 towards the Association’s funds for each term.
Application for membership is to be made on the Association’s prescribed form and same shall be submitted to the Secretary. An application shall be proposed by either two basic members or two permanent members, and shall be put up on the notice board for one week. If it draws no objection after one week, it shall be considered by the Management Committee. In case of a rejection, no reason shall be given. Once the application is approved, the applicant is to pay the entrance fee, and he shall be either a Basic Member or Permanent Member and be given a copy of the Association’s rules.
The Association’s entrance fee shall be $200 for individuals and $500 for a business firm, with a monthly subscription of $10 and $20 respectively.
To request for a membership form, contact SSWIEA at 6756 8610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.